Monday, August 25, 2008

Artist Choice- Final weeks

Well since this is the last week of Picture Bookies Showcase and I've just now got some really good images to show I'm just going to post an illustration blowout! My apologies to the creators for the rule breaking;) These three illustrations are all from books that I did this summer for Lifeway Christian Publishers 2009 Vacation Bible School series.
The first one is from a lift the flap book titled Friends. This is the "main" or background illustration. Read my blog www.fabulousillustrator.com to hear more of the story behind the creation of this book.


This second one is from a book called I Can Thank God. Its a small board type book for preschoolers. Each page has some small text about what we can thank God for in the Australian outback. This page was for "dogs that sing". The text was placed in the moon.


This last one was a cover for the recreation leader guide titled Recreation Rock. The theme for 2009 is life in Australia so here we have a kangaroo having a great time bounding down the side of Ayers Rock.